Sign in:

Cubelet Battery Questions

Home Forums Cubelets Forum Cubelet Battery Questions

This topic contains 30 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  lori Brunstdge 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Moyes

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you check to make sure that the Cubelet with the green light on is turned *off*? The yellow-orange LED shows that charging is in progress, and will turn off when charging is complete. The green LED shows the power on/off status of that Cubelet, and should only be on when the switch is in the on position. If the green light is on even when the Battery Cubelet is turned off, that suggests something isn’t quite right on the inside, and we’ll need to exchange that Cubelet for a new one. Please let me know if you need further assistance!

Thanks,
    Jon Moyes
    Modular Robotics Support

David Wert
    Participant

Hello Jon,
    To add to my issue, The Battery Cubelet (as stated above) does not seem to hold a charge anymore? I have charged it twice and it does not hold a charge. How do I send it back for a replacement Battery Cublet? Are they under warranty? I have only had them for 3 weeks now.

Thanks,
    David
    Orchard Park CSD

David Wert
    Participant

Hey Jon,
    Thanks for the speedy response! You guys rock! My students love the product and enjoy solving the problems I give them, Shark Tank style!

How do I send the one battery cubelet back?

Since I work for a school, the Educators pack came through a PO (purchase Order) from the District Office. Do I need to send it back to District Office and go that way or can I send it back directly to you guys?

Emily Plage
    Participant

Hi David,

So stoked to hear your students are loving Cubelets!

All of our products are under warranty for one year from the date of purchase. We’ll either repair or replace it for you, no questions asked.

http://www.modrobotics.com/returns/

As a domestic customer, all you need to do is send in your non-working module, along with a note that has your name, order number (or PO number), email address, and return shipping address to:

Modular Robotics
    3085 Bluff St
    Boulder CO 80301

It’s best to email Customer Service at Support@modrobotics.com to let them know that you are sending some parts in. There is no issue with sending modules in for repair to us directly, even if you ordered via a district PO, friend’s mom’s order, or from a re-seller. We’re happy to help you directly.

For international customers with non-working modules, please contact Support@modrobotics.com for instructions.

Thanks! Let me know if I can help with more questions!

Emily – Customer Support and Fungineering

James Briscoe
    Participant

How long does the power cube take to charge and how long does that charge last?

Paige Admore
    Participant

Hi James,

A fully depleted Battery Cubelet can take up to an hour and a half to fully charge. You’ll know the Battery cell is fully charged when the orange indicator light turns off while it’s still plugged in.

A fully charged Battery Cubelet can last for about 4-6 hours depending on how many Cubelets are attached to it during play as well as how long you have Action Cubelets outputting at full value.

Don’t hesitate with any other questions you may have!

Paige – Customer Support

Javi Agüera
    Participant

Hi,
    Our battery module has stopped working after one hour or so. I’ve used the mini USB to charge it up again but it doesn’t work: no yellow light for charging, no green light when it’s finished charging, nothing seems to be working. I’ve plugged the USB cable to my computer and the module switch is OFF, of course, and if I turn it to the ON position, both lights, the yellow and the green ones, start blinking.

It was my son’s Xmas present and he’s very disappointed. Please help, these modules are not cheap, especially when ordered from Europe. I need a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Erin Bloemberg
    Participant

I have two battery cubelets that are unable to charge. I am guessing that the battery is at the end of it’s life. I ordered 2 RCR123A 3.0V batteries as recommended from the website but the orginal battery and the new battery look nothing alike. How do I install the new battery?

Emily Plage
    Participant

Hi Erin,

Thanks for reaching out to Support@modrobotics.com too!

Just a quick reply for anyone on the forum who has a similar question. The rechargeable RCR123A 3.0V battery cells pair with our original Battery Cubelet which we produced from our beta run in 2011 to 2014. This Battery has a sliding lid to remove and charge the battery cells. All Battery Cubelets that charge with a microUSB to USB cable are our 2nd version of the Battery Cubelet which has an enclosed, non-removable battery cell, released in late 2014.

If you’re having trouble with charging your Battery Cubelet, reach out to us at Support@modrobotics.com 🙂

Emily – Customer Support
    Support@modrobotics.com

Morgan Fowler
    Participant

It relies on upon what number of 3D shapes you’re utilizing. In case you’re playing with a KT-06 pack it can be up to 7 or 8 hours yet in the event that you’re utilizing a KT-01 unit it’s around 2 hours.

Jordan Lammon
    Blocked

Thanks member i get lot of information from your informative post

Jessica Brown
    Participant

nice

Janin Foster
    Participant

Thanks for giving amazing answers!

ammie jackson
    Participant

Thanks for the information

Charles Cross
    Participant

My battery is so hot during charging

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.