Sign in:

Cubelets Lesson Plan – Cubelets and Cause and Effect, Part I & II

Home Forums Education Forum Cubelets Lesson Plan – Cubelets and Cause and Effect, Part I & II

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Christie Veitch
    Participant

Cubelets and Cause and Effect, Part I
    Cubelets SIX kit, 40 minute activity

Asking “why” and investigating the relationships between actions and results, is the basis for all scientific exploration from physics to psychology. It is also the natural entry point for young children to begin considering scientific inquiry as they repeatedly ask “why” in their daily lives. This lesson plan uses the KT06 kit as both demonstration and hands-on exploration of cause and effect. By challenging students to make and test small robots, using the discrete functions in each Cubelet, they can powerfully experience how making changes to their robot results in a new robot or action. While students are enjoying the robots they build and playing with Cubelets they can also note examples of the effects of changes they impose on their robots.

Download the PDF here! http://www.modrobotics.com/edu/CauseAndEffect-part-1.pdf

Cubelets and Cause and Effect, Part II
    Cubelets SIX kit, 40 minute activity

This is a continuation of the Cubelets and Cause and Effect, Part I class for those who wish to have a second class day on this topic.

Asking “why” and investigating the relationships between actions and results, is the basis for all scientific exploration from physics to psychology. It is also the natural entry point for young children to begin considering scientific inquiry as they repeatedly ask “why” in their daily lives. This lesson plan uses the KT06 kit as both demonstration and hands-on exploration of cause and effect. By challenging students to make and test small robots, using the discrete functions in each Cubelet, they can powerfully experience how making changes to their robot results in a new robot or action. While students are enjoying the robots they build and playing with Cubelets they can also note examples of the effects of changes they impose on their robots.

Download the PDF here! http://www.modrobotics.com/edu/CauseAndEffect-part-2.pdf

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Education Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.