Sign in:

Trouble pushing program to Cubelets

Home Forums Cubelets Blockly Forum Trouble pushing program to Cubelets

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wheeler Memorial Library 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Olivia Nelson
    Participant

Hi! I’m new to programming and trying to help my son take his Cubelets play to the next level. We downloaded Blockly and set it up on my Mac. We are able to get the bluetooth Cubelet paired with the computer. I have run through a couple of the Blockly tutorials, but every time I try to upload the program to the Cubelet, the progress bar disappears almost instantly, and it’s like the program gets stuck. Conversely, when I press the “restore default program” link, the progress bar shows up and the program seems to interact normally with the Cubelets.

Is it possible that it’s a version issue? Software? Firmware?

Battery Cubelets is Hardware v2.1, ootloader v4.3, Application v4.3
    Bluetooth Cubelet is Hardware v2.1, Bootloader v4.0, Application v4.3
    Flashlight Cubelet I’m trying to program is Hardware v2.0, Bootloader v4.3, Application v4.3

My Mac is new this year and recently updated with High Sierra 10.13.1.

I also attempted to use the Flash app and ran into a similar problem uploading the programs.

Stu Barwick
    Participant

Hi Olivia, Thanks for your support of Cubelets. Sorry about the technical issue, we’ve had a couple situations like yours pop up in the past week. Our product team is investigating the situation to look for a fix. We’ll be sure to post our results in this feed as soon as we can. If you’d like to discuss this issue with our Customer Support team you can always email support@modrobotics.com

Thanks!

Stu Barwick
    Participant

Hi Olivia, We’ve updated some things on the back end of Cubelets Blockly and everything should be functioning normally at this point. There is no action necessary on your part to take advantage of this fix. Please try programming your Cubelets to see if Blockly is working for you. If you need further support please email support@modrobotics.com. Thanks!

I’ve emailed support, but am posting here too in case anyone else is still having this problem.

Olivia’s problem just happened to me today.

She wrote “every time I try to upload the program to the Cubelet, the progress bar disappears almost instantly, and it’s like the program gets stuck. Conversely, when I press the “restore default program” link, the progress bar shows up and the program seems to interact normally with the Cubelets.”

Prior to today I had been successfully programming Cubelets for weeks. I am using ipads running ios 11.2.6

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.